PP/WDW/BSC: David Wills' Collection relating to the Birmingham Society for the Care of Invalid and Nervous Children
BIRMINGHAM SOCIETY FOR THE CARE OF INVALID AND NERVOUS CHILDREN
1. EARLY PAPERS
Janet G. McCrindell, "A Study of 70 children recommended by the Child Guidance Clinic and boarded out on farms" April 1944 TS: 2 copies
"The boarding-out of children on farms under the Society in Aid of Nervous Children"
"Chaigeley Manor. A Hostel and School" April 1943
2. EARLY PRE-BODENHAM
"Proposition - Bodenham Manor House"
Frank Mathews, Paper to I.C.A.A. Conference, 14.2.1947: TS: 2 copies
3. FUNDRAISING APPEAL (BODENHAM)
- Appeal Brochure: "An appeal to Commemorate Fifty Years' Service in Social Work for Children by Mr Frank Mathews"
- The Lord Mayor. Appeal speech (TS) 26.3.1947
- Mr. Harvey, Appeal Speech (TS) 26.3.1947
4. FRANK MATHEWS MEMORIAL
Memorial speech: "Problem Children on Farms", G.M. 14.5.1949 TS
- "Notes on Mr Mathews work - May 1949" 12.5.1949: TS
5. BARNS HOSTEL SCHOOL (REPORTS ON)
- "Dr Burns' Report to the Finance and Executive Committee on Tuesday, December 14th, 1943: TS
David Wills, "Barns House, A Hostel for 'difficult' boys evacuated from Edinburgh", Scottish Council for Research in Education Evacuation Survey: TS
Hilda Rees, "Two Days at Barns", 23.6.1944: TS
6. DAVID WILLS, "BEDWETTING"
Drafts of Papers for Frank Mathews 1946
David Wills "STEALING", with letter to Frank Mathews: 1946
David Wills, "The needs of the maladjusted child", with questionnaire, "Educational Experiences" (Blank)
7. Correspondence and other materials, 1943-1946
Letters between David Wills and Frank Mathews, and Hilda Rees, concerning early association, search for site and so on
8. Correspondence, 1945-1956